Mr. Adaniya charges a flat fee of $140.00 for an initial consultation, paid in cash or by credit or debit card. (No personal checks). There is no predetermined time limit for the initial consultation. An additional consultation is charged at Mr. Adaniya’s hourly rate of $280.00 per hour at 1/10 hour increments.
Flat Fee In Certain Family Law Cases
- Uncontested Legal Guardianship of a Minor Case
- An uncontested legal guardianship of a minor case is one where each individual required to be given notice will sign and return a written consent to the legal guardianship and there are no special circumstances or areas of concern.
- Mr. Adaniya offers a flat fee of $1,275.00 in an uncontested legal guardianship of a minor case, and the court filing fee is an additional $215.00.
- Uncontested Adoption Case
- An uncontested adoption case is one where each parent will sign and return a notarized consent to the adoption and there are no special circumstances or areas of concern.
- Mr. Adaniya offers a flat fee of $2,000.00 in an uncontested adoption case for one child, and a flat fee of $2,275.00 in an uncontested adoption case for two children with the same parents; there is also a court filing fee of $215.00.
- Administrative Child Support Case Before the Office of Child Support Hearings
- Mr. Adaniya can usually offer a flat fee in an administrative child support case before the Office of Child Support Hearings. Mr. Adaniya’s flat fee is $1,600.00 for the initial hearing and $800.00 for each additional hearing, if any.
- However, if Mr. Adaniya determines that an administrative child support case is above average in complexity (e.g., extensive back child support issues, witnesses who need to be subpoenaed), he may not be able to offer a flat fee.
Hourly Fee Family Law Cases
For all non-flat fee family law cases, Mr. Adaniya requires an initial retainer fee which is typically $6,000.00 but may vary depending on the complexity and stage of the case. Mr. Adaniya charges an hourly rate of $280.00 per hour for attorney services, $120.00 per hour for paralegal services, Hawaii’s General Excise Tax, and case costs.
The client’s initial retainer fee is deposited into a client trust account, and Mr. Adaniya periodically bills against the client’s balance in the client trust account. If the client’s balance in the client trust account is depleted below a certain point, Mr. Adaniya will bill the client to replenish the client trust account balance. At the conclusion of the client’s case, Mr. Adaniya will refund any unearned balance in the client trust account attributable to the client.